Let ME try for a new topic... (externals)

Dick Dunn rcd at opus.UUCP
Wed Jun 6 15:54:46 AEST 1984

>Sorry, Danny, but I can't resist:  my favorite way of dealing with
>the problem is to avoid external variables.  Passing information as
>parameters and returned values is a much cleaner way of communicating
>between different modules...

Unfortunately, this has nothing to do with the issue.  Parameters and
global variables solve two different problems; it's comparatively seldom
that you have a real choice as to which is appropriate.  Please remember
that parameters have limited scopes and extents (lifetimes).
--
Dick Dunn	{hao,ucbvax,allegra}!nbires!rcd		(303)444-5710 x3086
	...Never offend with style when you can offend with substance.