Upgrades and Tuning (A question)

kvc at scgvaxd.UUCP kvc at scgvaxd.UUCP
Wed Jun 13 08:52:51 AEST 1984

Your best bet is to trade in your memory controllers for the
new ones and buy more memory.  We got quite a dramatic performance
improvement out of a 750 (running VMS, but should make little
difference) when we went from 2Mb to 5Mb.  I realize the controller
presents a problem, but if there is any way on earth you can afford
to swap it for new ones, by all means do so.

DEC will quite happily swap new memory for old on 780s, and will give
you a trade-in discount on your old stuff.  I'm sure they'll do the
same for 750s.

	/Kevin Carosso                allegra!scgvaxd!engvax!kvc
	 Hughes Aircraft Co.