C, D and L...

DBrown at HI-MULTICS.ARPA DBrown at HI-MULTICS.ARPA
Fri Jun 15 06:52:00 AEST 1984

  I like the "D" proposal about specifying ranges in a quite-high-level
high-level language, but what I'd really like is a new, shiny
rather-low-level high-level language like BCPL, B, C,....
  Call it L and stick this on the wish list:  one data type for each
primitive data type in the hardware, and one operator for every opcode
in the hardware.
  Admittedly it would only port to machines designed in the same era
(pdp-11/vax/honeybun/3bs2 are the C examples), but it would certainly
cut down on having to use circumlocutions.
 --dave (take with mine of salt) brown
   DBrown @ HI-MULTICS.ARPA
   watbun!drbrown @ watmath.UUCP