Configuring VAXes...

Steve Dyer sdyer at bbncca.ARPA
Fri Jun 1 08:17:02 AEST 1984

This has been discussed before, but I was uninterested at the time, and
I've gotten a little rusty in the face of new technology.

What's the latest scoop on how to best configure VAX systems geared toward
heavy software development (15-25 people running compilers, etc.)
I have the paper by Bob Kridle and Sam Leffler dated March 1983, but
would like to receive more up-to-date information about desirable drives
and controllers, how good the UDA-50 controller has proved to be,
and what the best Ethernet cards are.

Please respond directly to me by mail.

Thanks.
--