TANDEM (automatic flow control)

Glen Meldrum meldrum at fluke.UUCP
Sat Jun 2 09:16:02 AEST 1984

I am trying to get TANDEM mode (automatic flow control) to work in "cooked"
mode.  In this mode, if the input buffer is about to overflow, a stop character
(^S) will be sent out.  When the input buffer is not too full, then a start
character (^Q) will be sent out.  I can only get the flow control to work in
the "raw" mode.  The problem with the raw mode is that the program is very slow
because of all the system overhead for each character.

Do you know of a way to get TANDEM mode to work in the "cooked" mode?