/usr/adm/messages craziness

eric at aplvax.UUCP eric at aplvax.UUCP
Thu Jun 14 07:08:26 AEST 1984

	I have a VAX 11/780 running 4.1 that has decided to start dumping
garbage into /usr/adm/messages. First off, none of this garbage is coming
out to the console. But every ten minutes, the system appends about 40 lines
to /usr/adm/messages, and the data is usually the same (currently a
concatenation of a couple of boot sequences). Originally it was mostly
a bunch of debug messages from a driver, but the debug messages have since
been disabled and, as I said, the message is now just a couple of boot
sequences. Further, since this started, we have re-booted a couple of
times. I will gladly take any recommendations on how to stop this, or what
caused it in the first place.

--
					eric
					...!seismo!umcp-cs!aplvax!eric