Unix on Data General iron

John B. Nagle jbn at wdl1.UUCP
Tue Jun 5 06:58:16 AEST 1984

     Any information about Data General's proposed UNIX port to their
iron on a bare machine would be appreciated.  We would like to know if
it is really underway, what version it is based on, and how far along it
is.  We know about their UNIX emulator (like most other UNIX-on-top-of-
proprietary-OS kludges, it is slow) but want to know how the bare iron
version is doing.
     Also, any information about DG's IP/TCP implementation would be
helpful.  We know they are hiring IP/TCP people, but need to know about
results.
     Thanks.