S (System and Language for Data Analysis) on non-VAX

Derek Austin derek at uqpsych.SUN
Mon Jun 11 14:13:34 AEST 1984

We have been working at getting S running on a Perkin Elmer 3210
running V7 UNIX and have had reasonable success with one exception:
the system data set format, which is supposed to be a portable ascii
format, can't be read by our S.  We've had another copy from a
VAX and it is similary scrambled.

I was wondering if anyone out there has had a similar problem or
perhaps could direct me to a more suitable avenue of inquiry?

Many thanks,

	Derek Austin			(...decvax!mulga!derek:uqpsych)
 	Department of Psychology
	University of Queensland
	St Lucia  4067
	AUSTRALIA