Trade Secrets

lauren at Rand-Unix.ARPA lauren at Rand-Unix.ARPA
Thu Mar 29 12:43:31 AEST 1984

It's not that simple, Rick.  It's not just a matter of whether or not
the secret "got out," but whether or not the entity controlling the
"secret" made the proper attempts to control the secret through the
appropriate legal contracts and actions.  I think that AT&T would
fall into this catagory of having done things "right," so if some
bozo simply posted sources I don't think they would suddenly become
public domain as you suggest.  On the other hand, the person who
did the posting might have some REAL problems on his or her hands.

--Lauren--