Terminal paging in the kernel

Christopher Herot cfh at cca.UUCP
Wed Mar 7 06:28:49 AEST 1984

As a user of Steve's terminal paging code, I am very
grateful that he put it in the kernel.  I am sure all of the
other users of the two VAX's at CCA would agree with me.

It would be unfortunate if we let some misguided notions
of mathematical purity get in the way of getting our jobs
done.  The bottom line is that life here is better with the
change than it was without it.

You can wait for the researchers to develop a more elegant
approach if you want to - I'll use kernel paging while I wait.
Thank Ken & Dennis that they made it possible to make such
changes ourselves while the rest of the world is locked in
this endless debate.