'stty exta' for 19.2Kbaud on USG doesn't work

R. Curtis Jackson rcj at burl.UUCP
Sat Mar 17 03:38:16 AEST 1984

I just read the article in question, and decided to try it.  I have
a vt102 (vt100 lookalike) from DEC; I normally run 4800 baud.  Sometimes
I run 9600 baud by doing an 'stty 9600', which gives me a bunch of
screwy characters for a prompt back; I go into setup mode and changle
the receive and transmit speeds on the terminal itself to 9600, and
when I get out of setup mode and hit return I get a normal prompt and
am running at 9600 baud.  I used the exact same procedure for 19200,
I typed 'stty exta' and got NOTHING back; after a while I went into
setup and told the terminal I was running at 19200, then came back and
having to reset my terminal to force Unix to run another getty.

Oh, forgot to mention, I am running USG Release 5.0 on a VAX 11/780 with
DZ11 and KMC11 assist.

Any ideas?
--

The MAD Programmer -- 919-228-3313 (Cornet 291)
alias: Curtis Jackson	...![ floyd clyde ihnp4 mhuxv ]!burl!rcj