ditroff's infinite loop bug.

whaley at Lbl-Csam.ARPA whaley at Lbl-Csam.ARPA
Fri Mar 30 11:00:08 AEST 1984

From:  (Ken Whaley [cc])whaley at Lbl-Csam.ARPA

	In my first note regarding ditroff's infinite loop bug, I gave a bad
example.  However, it is definately ditroff's fault.  To repeat the bug, feed
ditroff a file that starts a diversion, some garbage text, and end of file
(without the end-diversion), "and get someone to kill the process for you"
(to quote from an earlier message).  Make sure to call bare ditroff, that is,
without any macro packages, to completely convince yourself.

					Kenneth Whaley
					Computer Services, Systems Group
					Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory
whaley at lbl-csam.ARPA