4.2 bsd crashes

obrien%rand-unix at sri-unix.UUCP obrien%rand-unix at sri-unix.UUCP
Tue Mar 13 03:06:00 AEST 1984

From:  Michael_OBrien <obrien at rand-unix>

	We have seen this exactly once, with one user and one daemon
running on the system, the second day 4.2BSD was up.  It worried us a lot
but it's never happened again.  The user and the daemon were removing the
same file at the same time.  Something obviously got very confused.

	It is possible that one of the several hundred bug fixes which have
moved over the networks since then may fix this problem, but I haven't
sorted through them all yet.