TZ Rationalization Requested - (nf)

rpw3 at fortune.UUCP rpw3 at fortune.UUCP
Sat Mar 10 19:08:20 AEST 1984

#R:dual:-34100:fortune:11600070:000:540
fortune!rpw3    Mar  9 20:12:00 1984

Erik, there's even a worse problem! There really are timezones in the
world that are GMT-3:30, for example. TZ's that are not integer hours
from GMT didn't magically vanish with S5, just the support for them.
(We discovered this when we went to compress the timezone info into
a small bitfield in our configuration EAROM.) There are not many of
them, but there are some.

Rob Warnock

UUCP:	{sri-unix,amd70,hpda,harpo,ihnp4,allegra}!fortune!rpw3
DDD:	(415)595-8444
USPS:	Fortune Systems Corp, 101 Twin Dolphin Drive, Redwood City, CA 94065