4.2 arp enhancements

Bill Shannon shannon at sun.uucp
Tue Mar 20 07:43:09 AEST 1984

I have posted to net.sources a set of enhancements to the 4.2 arp
code.  They allow you to (among other things) wire down a particular
arp (IP to Ethernet) translation, examine the currently known arp
translations, and respond to arp requests for systems that don't
support arp.  The "1024" kludge has also been removed.  These
enhancements should make it much easier to deal with arp in mixed-
vendor networks.

I would appreciate it if someone would make it possible to FTP these
changes from the ARPAnet, I don't have ARPAnet access.

					Bill Shannon
					{decvax, ucbvax}!sun!shannon
					sun!shannon at Berkeley.ARPA
					Sun Microsystems, Inc.