Info needed on mmap(2)

ry at cadre.UUCP ry at cadre.UUCP
Sat Mar 24 21:17:12 AEST 1984

I am looking for any information on the mmap(2) system call. Some, if not
all of code is included in the Berkeley release of the 4.2 VAX kernel sources.
The documentation describes the system call mmap as "planned for later
releases of the system".

Our Sun Workstation has mmap(2) incompletely implemented for use with its
windowing package. I am presently awaiting a system V license to purchase the
Sun sources. (source release SUN II.)

We would like to use this call with a disk file shared by multiple processes.
Has anyone debugged/used/finished this call? What should the d_mmap function
in the cdevsw[] structure do?

Any information, examples and/or code would be gratefully received.

		Russell J. Yount

		Uucp: {mi-cec|vax135|idis|pitt}!cadre!ry
		Phone: 412-624-3490
		U.S. Snail: 1360 Scaife Hall, Decision Systems Laboratory
			    University of Pittsburgh. PGH PA, 15261