4.2bsd Vax 750 disk problems

dejong at Nrl-Aic.ARPA dejong at Nrl-Aic.ARPA
Sat Mar 31 04:44:30 AEST 1984

From:  Kenneth Dejong <dejong at Nrl-Aic.ARPA>

I don't recall a discussion of the following problem we are
experiencing with even the generic version of 4.2bsd on our 750.
I'd appreciate some help or a pointer to previous discussions/fixes.

Our 750 is configured with 2 rk07s, one ra81, and a tu78.  We have
4.2 running with the root on an rk07 and everything else on the ra81.
Every time we spin up/down the second rk07 to exchange cartridges,
we get a "lost hk interrupt" and a panic trap.

Could this be due to the distributed uda driver (we have not installed
any fixes yet) or is the rk07 support flakey?

Thanks,
	Ken De Jong
	dejong at nrl-aic