TZ Rationalization Requested

phil%rice at sri-unix.UUCP phil%rice at sri-unix.UUCP
Wed Mar 14 07:56:13 AEST 1984

From:  William LeFebvre <phil at rice>

Excuse me, but under 4.1 and 4.2 BSD ctime(3) does not put the time
zone in the string.  I believe that the new system call "gettimeofday"
returns the time zone somewhere.  There is also the "timezone" library
call (right next to "ctime") and there is the "localtime" and "gmtime"
that return the time zone as part of the "tm" structure.  Perhaps you
were thinking about one of these calls when you said "call ctime(3) and
pick off the timezone part".

                                William LeFebvre
				Department of Mathematical Sciences
				Rice University