help on configuring a new 750

Corot Reason corot at utcsstat.UUCP
Thu Mar 29 04:48:54 AEST 1984

People here are about to order hardware for a 750 to be used for
student use: editing and compiles will be the main load on the machine.
Communications will include 32 terminals on DH-like devices plus an
ethernet controller that TCP/IP will run over.
    We could use some help in deciding on the amount of memory to get.
Five megabytes is the amount we had in mind, but if we could prove that
performance would be much better with even more memory, then we could
justify the extra expenditure.
    We also need help in deciding between a CMI or UNIBUS controller
for two eagle drives. The UNIBUS controller is cheaper, so what
gains would we see in this environment with the CMI controller?

Please reply by mail. I will post a summary to this newsgroup if
sufficient information is sent. Thanks.

			  Corot Reason, U. of Toronto Computer Services.
			...decwrl!utcsrgv!utcsstat!corot
			...decvax!utzoo!utcsstat!corot