Problem with sbrk(3) under 4.1c BSD

Dave Ihnat, Chicago, IL ignatz at ihuxx.UUCP
Fri Mar 30 11:43:37 AEST 1984

Re:  trying to find the maximum break value

Pardon my intolerable lack of knowledge on BSD calls...I don't have access
to any BSD *manuals*, let alone a BSD system.  USG (now WE) Unix
(trademarks, etc.) has the ulimit(2) syscall, specifically for returning
and (under certain restrictions) setting the user's process file size
limit...and returning the maximum possible break value.  If this isn't
in BSD Unix, it certainly should be cross-ported!

				Dave Ihnat
				ihuxx!ignatz