read(fd,&y,sizeof y)

Jens Bernhard Fiederer jbf at ccieng5.UUCP
Wed Mar 28 08:35:22 AEST 1984

Speak for yourself.  The need to cast every null pointer argument to
the specific pointer required IS A PROBLEM WITH THE C LANGUAGE.  It is
a bloody pain, not to mention a waste of time.  I do it, but I would rather
not.  Three cheers for the set of languages that support the "lazy" programmer!
Three cheers for the empty set!

Azhrarn
--
Reachable as