Disgusting kernel hack

Nigel Horne njh at root44.UUCP
Mon Mar 5 16:17:39 AEST 1984

/**/

But I don't always want to have to type Return all the time, and
I also think that the kernel recognising \b as a special character is
a disgusting hack. If we are supposed to use |more rather than leaving
the 60's idea of a teletype driver(!!!!!) then why not also have some
PROGRAM which recognises ^H,^C,^Z,^S,^Q etc.

No silly flames about "You can always say stty raw", because on a resonable
tty driver you can say "stty length 0 width 0", or just ^P.

					Nigel Horne
					Root Computers Ltd.
					ukc!root44!njh
					edai!root44!rootis!njh