4.2bsd & nexus 0x6c on 11/780

salkind%nyu at sri-unix.UUCP salkind%nyu at sri-unix.UUCP
Fri Mar 9 21:47:00 AEST 1984

From:  Lou Salkind <salkind at nyu>

Although the fix handles the usual case (internally interleaved
controllers), it doesn't handle some "pathological" configurations
(for example, what happens if only the upper controller of the MS780E
is enabled?).

I also fixed the MS780E problem, but in a different and slightly more
general way.

Note the 4.2 bsd memory handling code makes the following assumption:
	There is a 1-1 correspondence between cpu type and memory controller
	type.  (Note, for example, that the case tests in the memory
	controller routines are by CPU type.)
To my way of thinking, this is not a valid assumption.

My fix involves setting the memory controller type in autoconf.c, and
then changing the memory code to test by controller type, not cpu type.
The code works fine on our 780's.

	Lou