tu80 problem

Sid Stuart sid at linus.UUCP
Fri Mar 23 04:38:57 AEST 1984

I have a tu80 on a Vax 780, running 4.2bsd. When I use the dump program
to dump a file system to tape, if the dump needs more than one tape,
I get a write error near the end of the tape. When I tell dump that the tape is
only 2200 feet long, everything works out fine. This indicates that the
estimate of the interrecord gap the dump uses does not correspond to what
the tu80 is using. I asked my dec
repairman if he could change the interrecord gap on a tu80 and
he did not know anything about it. My question is, do other people
get a whole 2300 feet out of their tapes on tu80's? Can the interrecord
gap on the tu80 be changed?

					sid at linus