Info wanted about Unix on Data Generals.

mark at umcp-cs.UUCP mark at umcp-cs.UUCP
Mon May 7 23:16:36 AEST 1984

Is there anyone out there running Data General's Unix out there?
(This is a Unix which runs on top of their regular O.S.,
and probably isn't even called Unix...)  I saw a demonstration
of it, and tried some hands on things, at a conference.
I was not impressed--it was a user-level emulation only,
didn't look much the same to programmers, and even the user-level
stuff was quite different.  Stty didn't seem to work, for instance.

So, anyone out there with an actual D.G. Unix?

--
Spoken: Mark Weiser 	ARPA:	mark at maryland
CSNet:	mark at umcp-cs 	UUCP:	{seismo,allegra}!umcp-cs!mark