DMC-11 Network driver available for 4.2BSD

bill at cornell.UUCP bill at cornell.UUCP
Thu May 3 00:09:45 AEST 1984

From: bill (Bill Nesheim)

A WORKING dmc-11 network driver is available from the Cornell U. Dept of
Computer science, (for 4.2BSD).   It is a complete rewrite of the driver
distributed with 4.2BSD (which you probably know doesn't work at all!).

We are using a pair of dmc's over a 56kbps sytek channel, and are getting
about 1/3 the performance of our 10mb ethernet.
Typical ftp rates are 6-7kbps, as opposed to 15-25 for ethernet.

We have installed Rick Adams fixes for routing over point to point interfaces,
to allow a logical localnet distributed over several transport media.
These are probably necessary for the routing code to work.

			Bill Nesheim
			Cornell U. Dept of Computer Science
			ARPANET:  Bill at Cornell.ARPA
			UUCP: {uw-beaver,vax135,ihnp4}!cornell!bill
			BITNET: bill at CRNLCS