Dump control program needed

Bob Van Valzah bob at ihnss.UUCP
Sat May 19 08:52:33 AEST 1984

I need a dump control program that will implement the modified tower of
Hanoi dump level sequence recommended by Berkeley.  I am using this
dump scheme now and it is marvelous in that dumps go very quickly, but
it is too complex for our operators to reliably figure out what level
dump needs to be done on any given day.  Ideally, this program would be
an extension of the "dump w" command, telling the operator exactly
which dump tape to mount and automatically invoking the dump program
with the correct level.

Any leads you may have would be appreciated.  I will be happy to answer
mail like "I don't have one, but if you find it, I want a copy!".  If
it doesn't exist and I have to write it, I may not be able to share it
with the net.

	Bob Van Valzah
	Consultant to AT&T Bell Labs  (312) 979-3632  ..ihnp4!ihesa!bob
	Employed by   Lachman Assoc.  (312) 986-8840  ..ihnp4!laidbak!bob