a lex question

merlyn at sequent.UUCP merlyn at sequent.UUCP
Fri May 4 04:01:06 AEST 1984

> From: anderson at uwvax.UUCP
> Date: Wed, 2-May-84 21:48:40 PDT
>
> The following "lex" expression is supposed to accept /* ... */ style
> comments.  It doesn't quite work... it recognizes the comment, but then
> the closing / seems to be processed again (resulting in a syntax error).

Unless I'm missing something as well, it looks like the slash above the "X"
is extra.  Is this a typo?  Or is it present in the original stuff?

Randal L. ("(null)") Schwartz, esq. (merlyn at sequent.UUCP)
	(Official legendary sorcerer of the 1984 Summer Olympics)
Sequent Computer Systems, Inc. (503)626-5700 (sequent = 1/quosine)
UUCP: ...!XXX!sequent!merlyn where XXX is one of:
	decwrl nsc ogcvax pur-ee rocks34 shell teneron unisoft vax135 verdix