FP750 or more memory

Peter Ivanov peteri at elecvax.SUN
Thu May 24 06:03:58 AEST 1984

First let me thank all the people who replied to a recent query of mine
about the possible overloading of a unibus on a VAX11/750. Your coments
reinforced some of my own ideas and have proved very useful.

Has anyone out there done any benchmarks to determine the effectiveness
of an FP750 FPA on a VAX11/750? We plan to use our new VAX in Electrical
Engineering (courses such as Circuit Theory, Digital and Analog Signals,
and Digital Control) with quite a lot of "calculation". Should we be
thinking of buying an FP750 or should we buy more memory (now only 2Mb)?
Will have about 40 terminals connected, running System V.

Peter Ivanov, School of EE and CS, Uni of New South Wales, Sydney, AUSTRALIA.
decvax!mulga!peteri:elecvax