VMZ-32 problem (4.2bsd)- update

z at rocksvax.UUCP z at rocksvax.UUCP
Thu May 24 15:34:15 AEST 1984

	It seems that my VMZ-32 is working just fine for logged in terminals
but fails when used as a line printer port or as a 'tip' connection.

	As a line-printer port a series of rapid ^S/^Q makes the output
go away.  I.e. not just stop but get thrown out altogether.

	As a tip port it simply refused to send characters out from the
vax.  This one was some sort of hardware problem (ground loop?) because
it indeed runs to a neighboring vax and with a different cable now runs
to the machine in question (an exormacs).

	Needless to say we are now using our dz or dh lines for lp's and
tip lines.  I would be interested to hear from others with these problems
and I will let this forum know of any other details as they become available.

--
//Z\\
James M. Ziobro