ksh bug with jobs - (nf)

adm at cbneb.UUCP adm at cbneb.UUCP
Fri May 4 23:29:21 AEST 1984

#N:cbnap:27400003:000:527
cbnap!whp    May  4 08:17:00 1984

Reading about the csh bug recently posted reminded me of a similar problem
I've had with ksh.  Every now and again, when trying to logoff, the system
responds, "you have running jobs" even if I don't have running jobs!  The
"jobs" command reports nothing, as does a "ps".  What's worse, the problem
seems intermittent since if I try to exit again, it will sometimes work.
To avoid this problem, I've aliased "logout" to be "kill -9 0", which always
works.  Anyone have any ideas what's going on?
Wayne Pollock,   ...!cbnap!whp