WOPEN|ISOPEN, etc.

Mark Callow msc at qubix.UUCP
Fri May 11 04:25:05 AEST 1984

*	From: ptw at vaxine.UUCP
>	From: chris at umcp-cs.UUCP

*	Is WOPEN set while you sleep for a carrier?

> It's supposed to mean ``Waiting for OPEN''.  WOPEN *should*
> imply !ISOPEN *for normal usage*, because no one should still be
> waiting if someone else has it open.

Chris shows a highly developed politician's skill for not answering
the question asked.  The *simple* answer is yes.

But that's not the point of this note.  I want to correct one answer.

*	Does anybody use BUSY for anything?

> Huh?  BUSY?  (I guess not ...)

BUSY (or TS_BUSY in 4.2) is used by certain serial port drivers.  It is
set in the start routine when the command issued makes the device busy
and unable to accept more commands.  It is cleared by the interrupt
routine.
--
>From the TARDIS of Mark Callow
msc at qubix.UUCP,  decwrl!qubix!msc at Berkeley.ARPA
...{decvax,ucbvax,ihnp4}!decwrl!qubix!msc, ...{ittvax,amd70}!qubix!msc

"I'm a citizen of the Universe, and a gentleman to boot!"