Comment recognition in Lex, again

loverso at sunybcs.UUCP loverso at sunybcs.UUCP
Sun May 13 13:18:41 AEST 1984

Might I just add one tidbit on comment recognition:
Having just finished a compilers course, where we talked somewhat
about lex/yacc, I, too, came across the bug in lex where the
trailing "/" would not be matched.  Also, as far as I can remember,
not one article had a true comment recognizer, as they would all
produce incorrect output on:
	printf(" just a /* test */ ");
(Unless you're all assuming a rule already handling strings...)

--
John Robert LoVerso @ SUNY Buffalo
UUCP	allegra!{watmath|rocksvax}!sunybcs!loverso (watmath preferred)