Help wanted with 4.2BSD sockets

Randall S. Becker randy at utcsrgv.UUCP
Mon May 21 02:03:14 AEST 1984

	I am trying to figure out how to use the IPC facility on
	4.2BSD. Does anyone out there have a sample program which
	actually runs? I have read the man entries and online
	ipc documentation (which is [I think] usually included in
	4.2BSD distribution). My main problem is that `accept' is
	not blocking my server. The documentation states that normally
	it should block unless told otherwise. It does not mention
	(at least I have not noticed) the technique for configuring
	or reconfiguring a socket for either blocking of non-blocking
	mode. I gather that this is done via `setsockopt' ; but the
	documentation is severely poor for that routine. Any help
	would be appreciated. By the way, I am not overly concerned
	with net-sockets; just simple local client/server sockets.

		Thanks in advance,

--
		Randall S. Becker

		Usenet:	{dalcs,dciem,garfield,musocs,qucis,sask,titan,
			 trigraph,ubc-vision,utzoo,watmath,allegra,cornell,
			 decvax,decwrl,ihnp4,uw-beaver}!utcsrgv!randy
		CSNET:	randy at Toronto
		ARPA:	randy%Toronto at CSNet-Relay