IBM 1620 again and bc(1)

G.TOMASEVICH grt at hocda.UUCP
Fri May 4 04:11:23 AEST 1984

Someone just quoted me here.  I goofed, it must have been a 10000-digit
add that I did.  Consider the time and the size of such a product!  Anyway,
a friend did a factorial program that grew the number as needed.  He
checked it with 99! and 100! by comparing the typeouts.  That would make
a neat UNIX exercise:  Run the program twice with redirected output
and compare the two files.  Maybe someone could do it with 'bc(1)'.  Now I
know where that name comes from: 'bc' emulates antideluvian architectures.
	George Tomasevich, AT&T Bell Laboratories