Help! Problems with curses!

Edward M. "Harold" Rynes emr at hal.UUCP
Thu Nov 1 06:07:18 AEST 1984

   I'm having a problem with curses and I hope someone out there
can help me.  It would seem that when I create too many windows
I get a segmentation fault in wrefresh.  However in the program
in question I have only created 5 windows when the problem occures.
The strange part is that a test program I wrote runs flawlessly on
another machine (a 68k based machine) but bombs miserably on our
VAX 750.  Both are running 4.2 BSD.  I have included a copy of the
test program below.  When I run it I get a sementation fault after
"Window #12".

#include <curses.h>

main(){
int     i;
WINDOW  *win[40], *newwin();

initscr();
mvprintw(0,0,"Starting");
refresh();
for(i=0; i<40; ++i){
        win[i] = newwin(0,0,0,0);
        mvwprintw(win[i],9,9,"Window #%d",i);
        wrefresh(win[i]);
        }
mvprintw(22,0,"Finished");
refresh();
endwin();
}

   If anyone has any ideas about what's going on please let me know.

					Thanx Much,
					   Harold
				   decvax!cwruecmp!hal!emr