SVR2 problem with uucico and DZ11 on 11/780

Douglas Robinson dbr at cybvax0.UUCP
Thu Nov 29 11:39:24 AEST 1984

<>

We are attempting to hitch up to a site that is currently running System-V Rel2.
They are trying to get their uucp working and have come up with a problem:

Every time uucico starts up, it immediately gets a signal 1 (HUP) and aborts.
The error is reported to /usr/spool/uucp/LOGFILE correctly.  When they ran
uucico with debugging turned on, the signal is reported immediatly after
the 'Shere' and before the protocol is chosen.

We have only been on the net a short while and I was wondering if this is a
know problem with SVR2 hopefully with a KNOWN FIX??  They have source, so
a context diff would be desireable!

Many thanks.
--
Doug Robinson		Jobs don't kill programmers... programmers kill jobs!
Cybermation, Inc.	617/492-8810

...!{mit-eddie, harvard, mirror}!cybvax0!dbr