What ever happened to Perry Kivolowitz?

Perry Kivolowitz perry at heurikon.UUCP
Mon Nov 5 07:30:55 AEST 1984

> Anyone know what happened to Perry, the guy who posted the clist peeker
> to net.sources about a year ago?  I assume he's been blacklisted from
> all Unix systems present and future.  Who knows the real story?

Perry is alive and quite well, living  in Madison Wisconsin. He is the
Unix Software Products Manager for Heurikon Corporation. Since joining
Heurikon Corporation seven months ago he has introduced QIC-02 stream-
ing tape support, CIPRICO Tapemaster support, SCSI winchester support,
and Matrox Frame Buffer support to the Heurikon product line.

Perry does not regret sending the source to a clist grabber to the net
insofar as it fulfilled his intent which was to make Unix systems less
easily broken into by ``bad-guys.'' Many sites responded favorably  to
his suggestion of making  /dev/kmem unreadable by the world thus plug-
ging that particular hole.  Perry  does  regret, however, his specific
choice of commentary supplied  with the  program and apologized for it
soon after it was posted.

Thanks for the interest,  and  do  follow up if anyone wants to get in
touch with me.