nroff terminal driving tables, help please.

R. M. Gray gray at SU-ISL
Thu Nov 22 03:48:35 AEST 1984

When I had that problem a local wizard
with an IBM loaned me his VENIX
manual, which has a complete description of all of the bits in nroff
tables.  If you have BSD or XENIX or VENIX or V. 7, you need only cc
the c source with the -c option (easy) after making
table  modifications.  If
you have System V, then you are in for much pain.  (Ask me again if
that is the case as you will need a special postprocessing filters
written by the aforementioned wizard who divined it from the binary.)

Let me know if you find out any other tidbits on this subject as I am
struggling with trying to get nroff & maybe troff to drive cheap
Bell unsupported printers like okidata & hp thinkjet & do all the usual stuff
(italics, Greek, math, etc.).