UN*X on a q-bus

bill at LOGICON.ARPA bill at LOGICON.ARPA
Wed Nov 21 07:46:44 AEST 1984

[]

Many thanks to all the folks who responded to my query about UN*X on
q-bus type systems.  The information which received was very helpful
as my principal concern was the availability of device drivers for
peripherals on the q-bus.  The following sources for UN*X with q-bus
support accompanied several offers of assistance:

	VENDOR				SYSTEM DERIVATION

VENTURCOM				on pdp-11/73 version 7 with
(address unknown)			version 6 file system

Integrated Solutions			MC68000 q-bus or VME bus
2240 Lundy Ave				4.2BSD or UNIPLUS + (SYSTEM III based)
San Jose, Ca 95131
(408)943-1902

Uniq Corp.				on pdp-11/23 version 7 (?)
Batavia, Ill

University of Toronto			on pdp-11/23 version 7

In addition to these, several people suggested DEC's new ULTRIX-11
or ULTRIX-32 (for the q-bus MicroVAX), and the Berkeley 2.xBSD.

				Thanks again,

				Bill D'Camp
				bill at logicon.arpa