DG,UNIX and Networking

God root%bostonu.csnet at csnet-relay.arpa
Thu Nov 22 04:20:04 AEST 1984

Reply to George W. Sherouse's query....

We (BostonU) have an MV/10000 running AOS/VS and a lot of UNIX+VMS vaxen
so have been looking into this.

	1. Seems to me that DG announced a native 4.2bsd port
	a few months ago which supported TCP/IP. We couldn't
	use it as it did not support some AOS/VS software that
	the machine was specifically acquired for but this probably
	would not affect you. ASK YOUR SALESMAN.

	2. We will be beta-testing a TCP/IP running under AOS
	so I assume there will be a product announcement in the
	near future, ASK YOUR SALESMAN.

Get in touch with me in a month or two if you want to find out how
the beta-test went.

		-Barry Shein