(more) nroff questions ...

William LeFebvre phil at rice.ARPA
Sat Nov 17 14:03:09 AEST 1984

> I was always under the impression that  nroff  was specifically for
> non-proportionally spaced devices, and that anything fancier would use
> troff.   So why are people trying to work with nroff for this?

Troff also likes to use different point sizes, something that cannot be
done on something like a Spinwriter or Diablo.  However, you CAN buy a
thimble for the Spinwriter that has type suitable for proportional
spacing.  It would be nice to be able to use such a thimble with nroff.
I am sure that there are similar thimbles, wheels, spindles, etc.
available for the other popular Diablo-like printers.

                                William LeFebvre
				Department of Computer Science
				Rice University
                                <phil at Rice.arpa>