deceptive mail

acheng at uiucdcs.UUCP acheng at uiucdcs.UUCP
Mon Nov 26 06:26:00 AEST 1984

> It is even worse: if you are working at a terminal, somebody comes along
> and in order to show you something logs in recursively: (login x)
> then after his login process has finished your identity will be reported
> as x by programs like who and routines like getlogin().

I would suggest a simple fix if no one has thought of it yet:
After the (login x) is done, do a
(login myself)

That should take care of the problem.  Since you are so
nice to let others to use your terminal, may as well
"walk the extra mile".

			Albert Cheng
			acheng%uiuc at csnet-relay.ARPA
			{ihnp4,pur-ee}!uiucdcs!acheng