A proposed uucico enhancement

Ted Nolan ted at usceast.UUCP
Wed Nov 7 13:54:11 AEST 1984

<who who cp?>

Along the same lines, I would like for uucp to be able to take input
from stdin as well as files.  On one of our small systems I would very
much like to be able to do something like
	cd /
	tar cf - .	| uucp -  bigsys!~backups

over a hardwire connection. (ie, no problem cranking up a successful uucico
at any time).  I haven't quite figured out how this could be done, given
the fact that uucp and uucico are different programs, but anything with
the same effect would be nice.

				Ted Nolan	..usceast!ted

Ted Nolan                               ...decvax!mcnc!ncsu!ncrcae!usceast!ted
6536 Brookside Circle                   ...akgua!usceast!ted
Columbia, SC 29206
      ("Deep space is my dwelling place, the stars my destination")