UUCP alias addresses

Ole Jorgen Jacobsen OLE at SRI-NIC.ARPA
Tue Nov 27 05:48:32 AEST 1984

Folks,
	Here at the Network Information Center, we are getting an
increasing number of calls from people who are trying to reply to
messages from the .UUCP domain. Before they could construct path-
names of the form "foo!bang!bar!baz at Berkeley", but with these new
aliases the system has no way of finding out what user at host.UUCP
means. Is there a mailbridge that will expand into the correct
pathname? Until  the complete domain implementation schedule is
in place with namservers which poll each other for this kind of
information, we need an ad hoc way to communicate with the UUCP
domain.

	Please reply to me  directly, I am not on this mailing
list any more.

<OLE>
<370>
-------