Avoiding expansion of mail's metacharacters

Chris Torek chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Tue Aug 20 12:51:11 AEST 1985

[I've deleted net.bugs.uucp from the newsgroups line]

>From: jww at sdcsvax.UUCP (Joel West)

>> Put ALL the information in the input file!

>This won't always work.  Suppose you've got a message
>	To: ihnp4!cbosgd!bill, decvax!decwrl!june, sdcsvax!sdcc3!george,
>	    ucbvax!ucbfunky!ellen
>
>When ihnp4 gets this message, what should it conclude?

Actually, while it's too late for /bin/rmail, the first suggestion
makes sense, and the "problem" given here is not really a problem
after all.  The input file can simply be a list of recipients followed
by the text of the message, e.g.,

	ihnp4!cbosgd!bill