instability in Berkeley versus AT&T releases (absurdly long)

Father of micro-S sambo at ukma.UUCP
Mon Aug 5 20:09:22 AEST 1985

In article <408 at brl-tgr.ARPA> gwyn at brl-tgr.ARPA (Doug Gwyn <gwyn>) writes:
>> The only thing terrible about ls -C is that it ought to be the default for
>> CRTs. USG ls _requires_ the "-C" to get the multiple columns, which _is_
>> brain damaged.
>
>I would sure get upset if when I ran "ls" in the long skinny window
>on my DMD, it didn't print the file names one per line.

So make ls check the width of the window, and do multi-column if possible
according to the width of the window.
Samuel A. Figueroa, Dept. of CS, Univ. of KY, Lexington, KY  40506-0027
ARPA: ukma!sambo<@ANL-MCS>, or sambo%ukma.uucp at anl-mcs.arpa,
      or even anlams!ukma!sambo at ucbvax.arpa
UUCP: {ucbvax,unmvax,boulder,oddjob}!anlams!ukma!sambo,
      or cbosgd!ukma!sambo

	"Micro-S is great, if only people would start using it."