Avoiding expansion of mail's metacharacters

Tanner Andrews tanner at ki4pv.UUCP
Sat Aug 24 00:15:37 AEST 1985

At least on my system, the "to" line is no place to put the delivery
information.  Lots of copies may go to people on the "cc:" line, and
we don't list anyone getting "bcc:" copies.

We generate the general "uux bskt!rmail pow!der!mlk" jobs for everyone
who gets a copy; this "rmail pow!der!mlk" is the envelope.  Systems that
use the "to:" line are merely asking for trouble.  That's probably the
one thing that you can ask for and be reasonably assured of receiving.
--
<std dsclm, copies upon request>	   Tanner Andrews, KI4PV
uucp:					...!decvax!ucf-cs!ki4pv!tanner