Help needed with DR11-W driver

Chris Torek chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Sun Aug 18 14:13:48 AEST 1985

>... After about 30 seconds of exerciser transfers, someone
>(presumably the driver) corrupts something and we get messages
>like (usually inode 2):
>
>bad dir entry ino 2 offset 0: mangled entry

The most common (?) cause of those symptoms is something tromping
on the buffer cache.  (I managed to do this once in the course of
writing the mass driver, by using geteblk(10240); nothing in the
kernel checked the size of the request.  I fixed *that* too....)
UUCP:	seismo!umcp-cs!chris
CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris at maryland