SUN ND Implementation?

Jeff Elman elman at sdcsvax.UUCP
Wed Aug 7 02:27:39 AEST 1985

> Has anybody implemented SUN's ND protocol for 4.2BSD, so that
> I could use (say) a VAX or a Gould as the disk server for a
> SUN-2/50, or is this a hopeless cause?
> 	-Mike

Yes, we have a VAX implementation of the ND protocol.

The code runs on a VAX 11/750 (4.2BSD) and allows the VAX to diskserve
SUN-2/50's.  At present we have 2 SUN's using the VAX for booting,
paging, and fileserving.  (The same code also makes it possible for
the VAX to be a client off a SUN!)

Details from me (elman at nprdc, ucbvax!sdcsvax!sdamos!elman) or the
author, Dave Pare (mr-frog at ucsd, ucbvax!sdcsvax!sdamos!mr-frog).

Jeff Elman
Phonetics Laboratory, C-008
University of California, San Diego
(619) 452-2536